Saturday, February 28, 2015

Where is winter?

Well, for the second year in a row, it looks like we're not going to have a winter.  I could actually bring us good luck by stating this prediction. As I look out my window, it's the end of February and we've had one tiny little snow so far this season.  But we're suppose to get snow tonight and tomorrow so who knows....maybe winter is just late this year. I hope so.

Our mountain has fantastic water because it's OUR WATER! No Colorado River water. Not from some aqueduct or holding pond. Straight off our mountain. Where else in California can you get a delicious glass of water straight out of the tap? THAT's the reason we need it to snow.

Unlike some global warming alarmists, I choose to believe that the earth goes through regular cycles of dry years and wet years. I do believe we can be good stewards of our earth, but even if you go back to the bible, you hear things like... there were 7 years of drought followed by 7 years of plenty. Or stuff like that. So I'm a believer that this too shall pass; the dry winters that is. The east coast is getting all the weather this year, and maybe next year it'll be our turn.

So don't fear my friends. We may be having another winterless year, but just like our own bodies, the earth is designed to heal & balance itself, and I for one believe it will tilt the other direction soon and we'll be wishing for a mild winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment